Sunday 8 April 2012

The Zen of Entrepreneurship

Not long ago I worked for the U.S. Senate, hobnob with the powerful, and full of my own political ambitions. Many who come to Washington DC dreams of grandeur and a positive influence in society. Although I learned many valuable lessons about how the political system, I felt empty inside with my daily work. There was no reason for me to complain, because I had a good job after college, my parents were proud of me, and I had something "significant" to put on my resume. Something was wrong and I realized I was not alone. Many of my closest friends revealed that I had not have the same feelings of emptiness in the workplace and had felt the need to change careers.
What is Generation Y, that stirs the emotions is that they want to solve? Is it the fact that our parents spoiled rotten and we have no work ethic is not it? Maybe it's the education system that never gave us the trials and tribulations of the real world. I do not think any of the above reasons for our inability to resolve in a race. Instead, I blame our overview and optimism helps to have a positive impact on society.
It is safe to say that many of us have different ideas about how to make a positive impact on society, but I think it starts inside. I mean, I'm starting to sound like one of these New Age types, but there is some truth in this movement. We have a large untapped potential, vision and drive to create our own path. I think they are the focus of reflection on the inside, our way is an entrepreneur.
Our generation is one of the companies. We have already seen our first billionaire and Generation Y, which have produced $ 335,626,648 in new start-ups alone, while 2771 - The year 2010 generated sales revenue of 179 entrepreneurs from 30 years and younger Association according to the start of the United States. What does that have to be equated with happiness, though? I can not speak for the masses, but I can speak for myself and say with absolute certainty. "I am much happier as a businessman, as a desk jockey" Why am I happy? Because the production of my own idea and turned it into a reality is a thing of beauty. I am in complete control of my financial destiny, and with any luck, will be successful. I know because I'm part of Generation Y and how many of us, I see a great future for myself and my colleagues.
If you're wondering, this is a rally cry to see my brothers for Generation Y chance of entrepreneurship and, ultimately, this country back to work. It will fail, as I failed, but you learn from your mistakes and persevere to achieve success. Despite the prosperity of our nation is now desolate, I know that the most important ingredient to the economic health of the country is employment growth, and will be there to do? We will.

No comments:

Post a Comment